What is the Brown County Oral Health Partnership?

The Brown County Oral Health Partnership (OHP) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) dedicated to improving access to dental care for school-aged children in Brown County. Through three fixed clinics and a traveling school-based program, OHP is able to provide dental care to over 9,500 children each year. OHP's staff of trained and licensed dentists, hygienists and assistants provide both preventive and restorative care of the highest quality to patients. OHP places a high value on early education and prevention, providing over 11,000 sealants, 11,000 fluoride varnishes and 5500 sets of bilingual oral hygiene instructions last year.

Who is eligible to be a patient?

To be eligible to be a patient of OHP, a child must qualify for free or reduced lunch at his/her school, be enrolled in school up to grade 12 in Brown County and not have access to another dental provider.

How do I enroll my child?

At many schools, OHP will send a health history/consent form home at the beginning of each school year. If you would like your child to be seen in his/her school, please completely fill out and sign the form and return it to school. When we visit your child's school, we will make every effort to see your child. We will send home additional forms with your child, detailing what we did and consent forms for additional work, if necessary. If you would prefer to accompany your child to his/her appointment or you wish to have your child seen in one of our permanent locations, please call us at (920) 965-0831 and we will be happy to help you enroll your child.

How do I make an appointment?

Please give our office a call at (920) 965-0831. We would be happy to help you!

How do I cancel or reschedule an appointment?

Please call our office at (920) 965-0831 for any cancellations/rescheduling of appointments. Please note that we require 24 hours' notice for any cancellations or rescheduling. Failure to adhere to this policy may result in dismissal from the program.

What services are provided?

OHP provides a wide array of preventive and restorative services, including cleanings, exams, radiographs, sealants, fluoride treatments, fillings, crowns and more. OHP does NOT provide specialty services, such as orthodontics, endodontics or oral surgery.

How do I pay for services?

Medical assistance will be billed for the services provided. For those who do not have medical assistance and cannot afford care, costs may be covered by donated funds. There is no charge to the parent/guardian.

Where are the clinics located?

OHP currently has three clinic locations: the Howe Resource Center, the Ray & Joan Kroc Salvation Army Corps Community Center, and OHP West. In addition, we travel throughout the Green Bay Area Public School District providing care directly in schools. Please see the Locations page for more information.

My child has a medical condition. Can he/she still be treated?

If your child has a medical condition, you may want to consult your physician for advice. For a small percentage of children with heart disease or a heart condition, any dental procedure may present a risk. It is required that, for every child to be treated, a medical history form be filled out accurately and completely by the parent/guardian at or prior to the first appointment.

Oral Health

Are baby teeth really that important?

Baby (or primary) teeth are important for many reasons! Not only do they help children speak clearly and chew naturally, they also help to form a path that permanent teeth follow when they are ready to erupt.

When should my child have his/her first dental appointment?

Your child should be seen by a dentist when his/her first tooth erupts or no later than the age of one.

What should I use to clean my baby's teeth?

A soft-bristled toothbrush with a small head, preferably one designed specifically for infants, should be used at least once a day at bedtime to remove plaque. If you don't have a toothbrush, a damp washcloth can also be rubbed along the gums and teeth.

What are dental sealants, who should get them, and how long do they last?

Sealants are a thin, plastic coating that is painted on the chewing surfaces of teeth -- usually the back teeth (the premolars and molars) -- to prevent tooth decay. The painted on liquid sealant quickly bonds into the depressions and groves of the teeth forming a protective shield over the enamel of each tooth. Typically, children should get sealants on their permanent molars and premolars as soon as these teeth come in. In this way, the dental sealants can protect the teeth through the cavity-prone years of ages 6 to 14. However, adults without decay or fillings in their molars can also benefit from sealants. Sealants can protect the teeth from decay for up to 10 years, but they need to be checked for chipping or wear at regular dental check-ups.


There are a lot of toothpastes to choose from - which one should my family use?

Be sure to choose a toothpaste that contains fluoride, as fluoride-containing toothpastes have been shown to prevent cavities. Remember to check the manufacturer's label - some toothpastes are not recommended in children under the age of 6 as young children tend to swallow toothpaste. Swallowing too much fluoride-containing toothpaste can lead to later tooth discoloration when the developing permanent teeth erupt. When in doubt, look for a ADA seal of approval. This seal means that the toothpaste (or any other oral healthcare item) has met stringent ADA criteria for safety and effectiveness and that the claims on the packaging/advertising are scientifically supported. Please note that some manufacturers choose not to seek the ADA's Seal of Acceptance. Although these products may be safe and effective, these products' performance have not been evaluated or endorsed by the ADA. Of course, be sure to choose the toothpaste you think tastes best. There are now many flavors available to help your child enjoy his/her brushing experience, from classic mint to bubble gum to cinnamon and more.

What should I do if my child has a toothache?

Rinse the area of trauma with warm salt water and place a cold compress to reduce swelling and ease pain. You can give your child acetaminophen for pain, but do NOT place aspirin directly on the affected area. Call us at (920) 965-0831 as soon as possible to make an appointment to have one of our dentists see your child.

What should I do if my child falls and knocks out a tooth?

Hold the tooth by the crown and rinse off the root of the tooth in water if it's dirty. Do not scrub it or remove any attached tissue fragments. If possible, gently insert and hold the tooth in its socket. If that isn't possible, put the tooth in a cup of milk and get to the dentist as quickly as possible. Remember to take the tooth with you! For information on what to do during other dental emergencies, visit the ADA website.

How do I make my child's diet safe for his/her teeth?

Make sure your child has a balanced diet. Limiting the servings of sugars (in foods like candy and soda) will also aid in protecting your child's teeth from decay. We also advise limiting consumptions of juices and other sugary/acidic drinks to meal times only. Walking around and sipping on juice from a cup or bottle drastically increases risk of development of cavities by prolonging the amount of time enamel is exposed to these cavity-causing substances. Water is the best drink for your child's teeth!


Schedule now

YES! I want healthy smiles for kids!

Online Donation


Your donation to OHP is an investment in the health of a child. Your support provides exams, cleanings, fillings, toothbrushes, and more to kids without options for dental care.

Donor information

Donation Information


Pay with Credit Card