The Brite Knights work hard to keep their smiles healthy and bright! They know brushing and flossing help defend their teeth from cavity creatures and sugar bugs.
Healthy smile tips:
- Brush twice a day for two minutes each time. Use a timer or sing a song to help hit the 2-minute mark.
- Floss daily. Sugar bugs like to hide between teeth.
- Limit the amount of sugar. When you do eat a sugary snack, try and brush after.
- Drink more water. Especially between meals.
- Don’t send young kids to bed with bottles of milk or juice.
- Avoid a lot of snacking or grazing between meals. However, three meals a day plus three snacks is very common for kids. Brushing, drinking water or chewing sugar-free gum all help keep teeth clean between meals.
- Visit the dentist every six months.
- Ask your dentist about sealants for your kid’s teeth. Dental sealants prevent 80% of cavities over 2 years on the back teeth.¹
Looking for more educational resources? Click here!
Interested in a Brite Knight poster for your classroom? Check these out! Brush your teeth. Don’t forget to floss.